- 150 gms wild caught prawns
- 1 tsp njh Mothership’s Meat/Seafood/Vegetarian Mix
- ½ packet Dabur coconut milk
- 1 tsp freshly pounded ginger garlic
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1/2 onion, sliced finely
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp tamarind
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 green chillies (optional)
- Take a clay pot and heat it, add the coconut oil. Add the onions, sauté and add turmeric. Add the curry leaves. Sauté.
- Add njh Mothership’s mix, pounded ginger garlic, green chillies and tamarind. Season with salt. Add prawns.
- Once it roasts nicely add the coconut milk. If you want a thinner gassi( which by the way is an oxymoron as Gassi means thick) you can add a 1/4 cup of water. This would be perfect with rice. I would leave it without the water if you want a Gassi.
- Once it comes to a boil, turn off the heat. And enjoy!
Pro tip: Add minced ginger ( 1/4”) as it is boiling for extra oomph.