- 620 gms Jackfruit seed cover
- 320 gms Jackfruit seeds
- 220 gms coconut, freshly grated
- 4 heaped tbsp njh Mothership’s Meat/Seafood/Veg Mix
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp jaggery, powdered
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Cook the jackfruit seeds in 4 cups of water and 1 tbsp of salt in a pressure cooker for 5 whistles. Grind the coconut with njh Mothership’s Meat/Seafood/Veg Mix and onions. Add water to grind to a fine paste.
- Take a clay pot with the cooked seeds and water. Add the seed cover. Once it cooks slightly add the ground gravy with water. Season with rock salt, to taste. Add turmeric.
- Taste it. If it needs a little tamarind or jaggery. Please add. Jaggery will not make it sweet. It just balances the dish out.
- Let it cook. Once it is nearly cooked, start the tempering. Take the coconut oil and heat in a wok. Add the mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add the onions and curry leaves, add to the dish.
Leave a comment