3 Mackerels, cleaned and slit
½ onion, chopped
½ a coconut, grated
6 pods garlic, peeled
3 tbsp njh Mothership’s Fish mix
1 tsp njh Hot Travelling Chillies (optional)
1tbsp kokum or tamarind water
½ tsp turmeric powder
1” ginger, diced
Salt, to taste
5 pods garlic, with skin
6 green and red chillies, slit
2tbsp coconut oil
2 sprigs of curry leaves
- Grind the coconut, onion, peeled garlic, njh Motherhip’s masala, njh Hot travelling chillies (or an extra kick, but optional) into a fine paste along with the kokum/ tamarind water and a little extra water if needed.
- In a clay pot add the finely ground masala. Stir in the turmeric powder and ginger.
- When the gravy starts to boil, place the mackerels in it. Add in the chillies.
- Once the fish is cooked, add the garlic, coconut oil and garnish with the curry leaves.
- Serve the curry hot over some rice, with some sandige/vadams on the side. Enjoy.