- 3 bangude or mackerel, cleaned
- 2 tbsp njh Coriander Root and Stem Wok Sauce
- 2 tsp njh Mothership’s Fish mix
- 1 tsp njh Hot Travelling Chillies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Coconut oil for seasoning
- Banana leaves
- Mix together all the ingredients except the mackerel and coconut oil. Slit the mackerel and mix the paste into it. Make sure the masala soaks through. Place on the leaves.
- Add coconut oil and close the leaves with toothpicks
- Marinate for an hour. Put it in a cast iron dutch oven or just in an oven or even in a pan will do too. Cook.
- Turn it over. Cook the other side.And enjoy!