- 60 gms dry toasted prawns
- 75 gms fresh grated coconut
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger garlic, pounded
- 1 tbsp tamarind
- 2 tsp njh Hot Travelling Chillies
- 1/2 onion, chopped(optional)
Take the coconut and mix it with the njh Hot Travelling Chillies. Add the ginger garlic paste. Crush the mixture in a mortar with a pestle till everything comes together. Add tamarind and dry prawns and mix together with your hand.
Pro tip: If you are going to finish it within the day you can add the onions. We would suggest not adding it in so you can store the sambal in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Instead, add onions in fresh whenever serving.
Leave a comment